SBIR/STTR Funding Opportunities
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
S&T SBIR 13.2 Pre-SolicitationPre-release April 2, 2013
Opens for proposal submission on April 18, 2013
Closes on May 22, 2013
Closes on June 13, 2013
Department of Defense (DoD) Pre-Release Now Open!
SBIR 2013.2 Pre-release - available on April 24, 2013
Opens for proposal submission on May 24, 2013
Closes on June 26, 2013
National Institute of Health (NIH plus CDC, FDA and ACF)
2013 Omnibus Grant Solicitation
All announcements courtesy of SBIR Gateway, at www.zyn.com - thank you, Rick!
The Montana Technology Innovation Partnership (MTIP) is a Montana Department of Commerce initiative created to promote technology commercialization in the State of Montana.
MTIP's mission is to build the short-term benefits of technology research and development into the long-term rewards of economic development through commercialization.
MTIP is driven by six objectives:
- To offer technical assistance for SBIR and STTR proposals
- To assist businesses in securing seed capital for research and development
- To provide educational opportunities that target Montana's technology-based businesses and service providers
- To identify and guide businesses to appropriate local and national resources - technical, business, financial or university
- To deliver result- oriented services to help technology-based businesses achieve personal commercialization goals
- To complement, not duplicate, the services of other service providers
MTIP SUCCESS STORY: Montana Molecular
(BOZEMAN, MT) - Montana Molecular received a new notice of award for a Small Business Innovation Research grant from the National Science Foundation. According to Anne Marie Quinn, the Principal Investigator for the project and founder of the company, "This funding supports expansion of our fluorescent biosensor technology and will significantly extend our breakthrough innovations for drug discovery and cell signaling research." In 2012, the company produced a robust fluorescent biosensor that detects cell signaling messages within living cells. These signals are mediated by G-proteins and regulate a myriad of activities within the cell including those that impact diabetes, cancer and neurologic disorders.
Montana Molecular has been receiving technical assistance from MTIP counselor, John Balsam, since 2007. MTIP assists clients navigate the often complex proposal development process for the federal SBIR/STTR programs.
Find out more about this Montana business on their website: Montana Molecular
Read more about this featured company on our Success Stories page